SANE 2014, a one-day event gathering researchers and students in speech and audio from the Northeast of the American continent, will be held on Thursday October 23, 2014 at MIT, in Cambridge, MA.
SANE 2014 will feature invited talks by leading researchers from the Northeast. It will also feature a lively poster session during lunch time, open to both students and researchers.
- Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Venue: MIT, Cambridge, MA (Stata Center, 4th floor, Kiva room)
- Najim Dehak (MIT) — TBD
- Hakan Erdogan (MERL - Sabanci University) — TBD
- George Saon (IBM Research) — "Speaker adaptation and sequence discriminative training for DNN acoustic models"
- Andrew Senior (Google Research, NYC) — "LVCSR with Long-Short-Term Memory Recurrent Neural Networks"
- Stavros Tsakalidis (BBN - Raytheon) — TBD
- David Wingate (Lyrics Labs) — TBD
If you would like to submit a poster, please send an email to with a brief abstract describing what you plan to present. Poster submission deadline is September 30.
Registration is free but required. We will only be
able to accomodate a limited number of participants, so we encourage
those interested in attending this event to register as soon as possible
by sending an email to with your name and affiliation.
The workshop will be hosted in the Stata Center of MIT, in Cambridge, MA. The Stata Center is a short (5 min) walk from the Kendall/MIT station on the T Red Line.
Lecture sessions, as well as the breakfast and coffee break, will take place on the 4th floor, in the Kiva room (32-G449). The lunch and poster session will take place on the 8th floor, in the Hewlett room (32-G882).